Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Two days in a row?????

We got out and went hiking again yesterday. After we worked. Plants are living things, people, and they don't care what bloody holiday it is. And I need to accumulate some time off for my sister's impending nuptuals all the way back home in Minnesota.

The greatest part of the Fingerlakes region is the gorges. Well, and the wine, but that's another post. They stay somewhat cool and wet all summer, so you can go get some serious hiking in even though it's sticky hot. That, and we bought our Empire Pass on Sunday, and to break even with the parking fees, we need to go to parks 10 times over the summer. Really, we always want to support the park system, regardless of whether we get all of our money out of it, blah blah good-hearted-nature-loving blah. It's a good way to make sure we get off the couch and get out to enjoy the area in the summer.

This time we went to Watkins Glen, which is at the south end of Seneca Lake. I live at the north end, and unfortunately it's a lot flatter up here. Anyway, more stunning gorge scenery to cover up the fact that I have no knitting pictures to show, although I have been working on my Clapotis and I'm almost through with the increases! I think tonight at the readthrough for the play I'll polish off those increase rows. That will instill trust in me as their intrepid scene painter, right? To knit through play practice?






No comments: