Thursday, May 04, 2006

If you're happy and you know it, clapotis...

If you're happy and you know it
then your swatch will surely show it

If you're happy and you know it clapotis!

I love this yarn. It's the Art Yarns Ultramerino (color 123) I bought at Easter. I'm so pleased with the way it looks. I finished the swatch last night and I've been knitting away steadily on the clapotis. The yarn is a lighter weight than what the pattern calls for, and I'm hoping it won't cause any problems later, but I really like the openness of the stitches and the drape I can feel even in the swatch. My concern is that it won't hold the structure well enough, but we'll see how it goes. So far, so good.

Oh yeah, and it looks terrific next to the bridesmaid gown that I can fit two of me into. Is this common? I've never been in a wedding where I've needed to get a typical bridesmaid dress from a bridal shop. I gave them my measurements and they gave me a dress that is twice my normal dress size. Twice! It's strapless and I can get it to stay up if I put both arms in the gown with my torso. If I show any pictures, they will be post-alteration.

P.S. I know this is my knitting blog- but I got all three paintings (one of which is the self portrait in the upper left corner) I submitted into the show!

No comments: