Wednesday, November 29, 2006

December Project

I was just going to have holiday knitting for my December project (which was also my November project). But then- the lovely director from the show I did last summer called me and buttered me up good and now I'm painting the (MUCH, much smaller) backdrop for his high school Christmas play.

The play is the weekend of December 8, and since I have a fair amount of time and it's small enough that I don't need anyone to help, it will be all about the painting and rather than the organizing and people managing. And since Carl and I love each other and we want to stay married, some time away from one another is the best gift I can give. So Carl and I get time alone, I get to paint, and Steve gets his set painted by someone he trusts (see, he played to my ego). This is a win-win-win situation.

The play sounds funny. I don't know the title, but it's something like the Batley Townswomen's Guild Re-enactment of A Christmas Carol. Something about a few British women trying desperately to put on A Christmas Carol, but they speak to one another out of character, and they start over from time to time. Good fun. I'm painting the background to look like a Victorian Christmas Card. And I get to learn to use an air brush, so after this I can move to the beach and open my own T-shirt stand.

No comments: