Thursday, August 31, 2006

September Project

I've decided that, for the month of September, I'm going to do a small piece of art every day, to be posted here.

Last year for the Artists Among Us show that we have where I work (Remember, I'm in science- this is a big deal to me that we have something like this!), I coordinated a community art project. People were given 5.5" x 4.5" pieces of cardstock. Each piece had an arrow giving the orientation of the piece of art and the predominant color they should use. The pieces were then assembled in to a mosaic representing the things we work on (there was a leaf, a ladybug, a glass of wine and an apple). It was a fantastic project, and they've kept the mosaic hanging up for over a year. I got great response from the participants- sure we had a few people who simply couldn't be bothered, but most were cooperative enough to simply send back their unused squares to be decorated by someone else.

I have TONS of these paper "tiles" just sitting in my desk. So I'm going to do one a day. And I'm going to show them to you. Since I don't have a scanner, I'll probably have to photograph them to share here, at least until I get access to a scanner.

And now my palms are sweating, because, while I don't have a problem doing a piece a day, I have a huge problem with saying I'm going to do something and then failing to follow through. I'm not always very forgiving of myself. I guess that just means I have to do it.

1 comment:

Tali said...

I commend you for "putting it out there". I have a hard time with that too. It sounds like a fun project, andI realized I have some "tiles" around home too...hmmmm.