Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Pinocchio

Man, I knit like the wind this past weekend! I made so much progress on my sweater! That thing is just flying off the needles.

Man, I just told the biggest lie!

I knitted on Tempting all weekend, and it seems never to get any longer. I guess that's the danger of 2x2 rib in the round for 14 inches. I could've sworn I was at least half way there; never mind that I can bloody well see that it's not even close to being half of the length of my torso (blocking makes it longer, right? Much, much longer). I was so sad when I pulled out the tape measure and it was *almost* 5 inches long. Almost. Sigh.

The problem is I'm bored with it. I want to finish it, I want to wear it, I just don't want to knit it right now. I don't like to have lots of projects going at once, because I LOVE to finish things. I have 3 paintings going in my class right now and it's driving my crazy that none of them are done. At home, I've got a 5 inch long sweater, a 2 inch long sock and a scarf for my sleepy-voiced husband that I started in July, all on the needles. No sir, I don't like it.

In other news, I bought some delicious Art Yarns Ultramerino 6 in 123 at Knit Happens in Alexandria. If you ever get the chance, you have to go to Knit Happens! I pawed through all my favorite yarns- in fact, I was told as I walked in to fondle to my heart's content! I almost got all misty at the invitation. I plan on using that fabulous yarn (and the Addis I bought... I have a problem!) for a Clapotis to go with the dress for my sister's wedding.

Must go finish some project so I can cast on with the lovely new yarn on the lovely new needles.

No comments: