Saturday, April 01, 2006

Day 2 - Knitting, anyone?

I want to get to the knitting already, but there's a busy day in my future.
1. Have to water at work (my Boss is fantastic, and the last thing I want to do is kill his plants)
2. Have to paint for my class (30 miles away)
3. Have to get some cleaning done in this sty of an apartment (unfortunately, I'm right here in the middle of it)
4. Have to go to the afore mentioned fantastic Boss's dessert party (50 or so miles away)

So I'll just share the current project. It's a Knitty pattern by Jenna Adorno called Tempting. Simple sweater knitted in the round, and it's the first time I've tried a sweater. I've started it for the 3rd time now, and I think this one will be ok. The first time I started it, it twisted all to hell.

Rip out, cast on again, take 2. I was very careful about the twists this time. I got about an inch in, and after a particularly difficult day in the painting studio, I came home for some comfort knitting. That's when I noticed the single twist. That one twist! How did it get there?
















Poor picture, but you get the point.

Fortunately, I had just discovered Dogs Steal Yarn, and Cari had ripped a total of about 2 feet of knitting in what I was reading, so I felt a little better about having a go at take 3. When I got to the couch to start over again, the yarn looked like this:
















Because of this:



















Yes, this is our boy, Kouros. He's been known to bite through ribbon, string and the straps of a couple of my tank tops (grrrrr), and this fine wool was no match for the mighty jaws of my cat. I took it as a sign from above that I needed to just get over it and start again.

So, take 3. This is how my sweater looks as of this morning:
















I have to be careful, though...

No comments: