Friday, April 28, 2006

No knitting

Woo hoo! I got my paintings submitted to the student honors show today, which is why there has been no knitting and no blogging for the past couple of days. I finally finished a painting this semester, and it's all framed and submitted. I feel much better now that I've finished one. I think the other two may be finished soon now that I'm all high from finishing this one.

I also built some crappy box frames (well, one crappy one, one good one) for my paintings from last semester. My Dad was always paranoid whenever I got near power tools, so it seemed like a really big deal to ever build things myself. This was really easy, not a big deal, and I didn't have to feel like I was doing it wrong or like I was an accident waiting to happen. In my Dad's defense, I was spacey and impulsive, so I can see why he was paranoid. He always encouraged us to build things ourselves, but it turned into a big production every time. I just never got beyond that to the point where I would just do things and feel confident in my abilities. Growing up is cool!

So that's it. I'm hoping to finish a sock this weekend. There will be knitting content again.

No comments: