Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Knitting History Part 1

Some people show you newly finished projects. Some people write well thought out essays and amusing muses on knitting, yarn, life, etc. I love reading those blogs.

I, however, show pictures of my cat to buy time to make progress on my knitting. And I post pictures of things I finished a year ago.

Here is my very first completed project. I did another one for my second completed project, which was a lighter pink, but I don't seem to have a picture of it, other than on my husband.

The pattern is a freebie on the Lion Brand Website. The yarn is Encore Chunky. It was the right weight, but I think the ponchos would have been cuter in the original Lion Brand Color Waves yarn. The only LB carrier in town was Walmart, and I just couldn't bring myself to buy anything from Walmart. So I went to my local yarn shop and bought something I could feel better about, but they didn't have any machine washable variegated yarn. They turned out just a little too pink for my taste.

I made them for my nieces, who were 4 and 6 at the time and VERY into pink. I had wanted to get them done for Easter, because it's usually still cool enough in half the country for ponchos at Easter. Instead, the girls got them for their birthdays in June. My sister-in-law said it was 90 degrees and they were wearing ponchos.

And hey, see this?














Oh yeah, it's a sock, and it's soaring. And that's Kouros, and he's napping.

No comments: