Since I was so crabby a few days ago, I'm going to focus on the positive. And I'm not going to talk about how I don't have enough yarn for the Clap so I'm gradually bringing in a solid band in the center to make up for all the yarn I don't have. Again, it's night, no good pictures. That'll come sometime before the damn thing is finished.
But like I said, I'm totally not going to talk about it. I'm going to tell you about things I like right now, so we can all feel happy and warm and fuzzy.
1. My new painting place - I have the most wonderful place to paint the sets! It's dry! It has natural light coming in through so many windows! It doesn't have 50 years of machine shop grime and oil on the floor! I love it so much! If I wanted to, I could roll around naked in it and I wouldn't risk my health. Just my dignity. It's downtown.
2. MirrorMask - What a delightfully bizarre movie! We're watching it right now (with a pause because Carl's Dad called) and it's unlike anything I've seen. I like the little eyeballs with spider legs that the come out of the shadows sent by the dark queen. See? Bizarre!
3. Bon Appetit magazine- They had several menus in this month's issue for entertaining. We had some friends over for food and games on Saturday and Carl, the fantastic man, made the Greek Meze menu. To DIE for!
4. Can I put my new painting space again? I love it that much!
5. BLARM! - A podcast I just started listening to, hosted by WankerGirl. If you listen to Chub Creek, then you know all about it, becuase Dave has been gushing about it for a couple of episodes now. And, I have to say, I love the show. I've listened to half a dozen episodes now, and it cracks me up to no end. If you're not into discussion of farts, burps, poo, porn or sticking things up your bum, you may not enjoy it so much, although that just a portion of the show. It's really funny. I love the episode where she podcasts from the bathtub.
6. Choose the left - Another podcast I've just started listening to, hosted by Jake and Erin. They're a divorced couple who've maintained their friendship and do a hilarious podcast. I'm so amazed by people who can be friends with their exes. I don't speak to anyone I ever dated except Carl. Erin and Jake often leave audio comments on BLARM!, which is where I heard about their show.
7. Chocolate - I just love it. We all do. If we just passed the chocolate all around, the world would be a better place. I think I need to make a point of consuming some chocolate every day. And, it helps you recover from dementor attacks.
8. Deirdre Flint - In the final podcast of series 2 of Cast-On, Brenda played a song by Deirdre called Bellydancer and it was wonderful! All about loving your own body and how the belly dancing class helped counter the magazine ads and movie stars. She sings comedic songs (the Boob Fairy) and has a very light hearted feel to her music, but this song was so touching. I want to listen to it over and over again!