Thursday, October 05, 2006

One down!

Well, well, well... looky what we have here. It's a finished object!

I finished the pompoms last night. They might be a bit big, but little sister Cat can decide when she opens the damn thing on Christmas morning, and I'll deal with them then.

Here's another vanity shot, because I'm just so damn proud of the first hat I've ever knit.


Here's the info:
Pattern: Official Kitty62 Hat
Yarn: Plymouth Encore Worsted in color 217 (Black)
Needles: The pattern recommends size 7 needles, but I still haven't lost my newbie tendancy toward overly tight knitting, so the size 8 16" circular I used for my Gryffindor scarf was perfect.

Woo hoo! One Christmas present done! I've never done this before! I'm always late! Excuse me while I go do a happy dance.


I'm the one on the right. I know it's hard to tell.

3 comments:

hesira said...

Oh! How FINE! Kouros looks like he finally succeeded in pulling you over to the dark side!

You should be proud! And I'm with you on getting Xmas done early. WOO HOO!

Anonymous said...

Awesome hat! I've been meaning to make one for myself since I started knitting. Funny how daunting that pattern seemed then and now I think - no problem. You and Kouros are absolutely adorable in that last picture!

Anonymous said...

vanity shmanity, when you look that damned cute, take as many pictures as you want!

the hat is great, congrats on your first!