Thursday, July 13, 2006

Ain't She Sweet?

Here's a sneak peak of some of the work I've done for the Pirates of Penzance sets. Queen Victoria plays a major role in the play without actually appearing in person. In our show, she appears as a 4'x6' portrait in a gigantic gold frame. Here she is right after I finished painting her. I projected a picture of her 66th birthday portrait (I can't remember where I got it) onto the board to get the outline and then I just painted the rest from the portrait. She's a looker, eh?

I'm pretty proud of her, although I did have my typical issues withe the jawline. She's actually less jowly than she is in the picture. Yeah, she got a chin tuck for free.

The show opens tomorrow. Right now, I'm off to do the final painting on the set. No wet paint opening night this year! Hooray!

1 comment:

JustApril said...

You are SO good - wow

Queen victoria cracks me up for some reson. She was a VERY determined lady, that's for SURE =)